I had a big gush of blood yesterday afternoon and quite a lot of clotting but no cramping. Went to the ER, but the ultrasound department was closed and because I wasn’t haemorrhaging I wasn’t deemed enough of an emergency to call anyone in. The ER doctor used the shitty portable machine and found a heartbeat but couldn’t see the source of the bleeding. Sent me home and said to come back first thing in the morning and they’d get me a proper ultrasound.
No more bleeding overnight. Long story short baby is 100% ok, measuring on track with a hb of 160. I do, however, have complete placenta previa. So I’m now on total pelvic rest. Sorry, H. The placenta is covering my cervix and then another 2 cm on the opposite side so I’m doubtful that it is going to move enough to attempt a VBAC. At this point I don’t care how he gets here, so long as we’re both safe. Oh ya, sneak peek came back as boy. I was shocked.
I’m relieved we know what caused the bleeding and that he’s ok, but it’s just one more thing I didn’t want to have to worry about. I feel like after the shit show that 2019 was I’ve had my share of crap in the fertility/pregnancy department, but apparently not.
I also leaned that while it’s complete PP, my placenta is posterior this time (I had an AP with DS) so I am not insane and am actually definitely feeling baby already which is reassuring.
Oh geez, that must have been terrifying! I'm so glad you were able to get a good look at baby the next day to confirm that he's okay and to confirm the cause of the bleeding. I've never had placenta previa so I don't have any insight on that but I hope you take all the time you need to relax and rest!
Thanks corgimom. My team has me on full pelvic rest, and I can't lift anything above 9kg. Exercise is limited to walking, gentle swimming, and yoga (but nothing inverted - ie no downward dog). Hopefully I won't have another bleed, but it's still a possibility.
I'm hoping that it will move since I still have 27 weeks to go, but if not then we'll plan for a gentle c-section and I can be mentally prepared in advance.
Ugh, I'm sorry. I've been on pelvic rest with both pregnancies in my first trimester while I waited for a SCH to resolve. It's not horrible but is so annoying especially this time when they restricted me to lifting no more than 5 lbs. I straight up told them I had to ignore that because there is no way for me to not lift my 20+ lbs toddler.
Fingers crossed that it moves before your due date!