I am 37w5d. I learned a couple weeks ago that my practice does not induce for twins. I was really surprised to hear that and bummed because I really don't want a csection. One of the OBs in my practice was ready to just go ahead and schedule a csection but I'm holding out. I really do love the practice I go to. I like all the drs and midwives. All other drs and midwives in the practice have said there's no reason for csection. Both babies are head down and I have had a previous healthy labor and delivery.
I got a cervical check today and there's no progress. My MFM also did not understand the no induction for twins policy. He told me if I was progressing to ask if my ob would just break my water without meds. But I asked today and she basically said no. She did say to have my MFM recommend induction as the drs. usually follow his recommendations. The MFM also does not want me going passed 39 weeks.
Anyway, I guess my question is, has anyone been induced with twins? Also, if you did not go on your own how far along were you when you delivered regardless of induction or csection?
I'm trying to be really proactive in what I want without putting anyone in danger. So if I don't go on my own by Monday, I'll have to schedule a csection for Tuesday or Wednesday or I'll go passed 39 weeks.
I was induced. I was 35w and both were head down. I think it's really weird that your choices are spontaneous labor or c-section. With both head down I would definitely push for your OB to follow your MFM's guidance.
Post by katandkevin on Jul 16, 2015 22:59:59 GMT -5
I was induced at 37 weeks. My blood work was starting to not look good and I was starting to spill protein in my urine. I got nowhere with my induction and ultimately ended up with a csection, but I really had no preference, I was just done being pregnant and didn't care how the babies got out of me. I am surprised that the ob's won't induce with twins. Most ob's don't want to see twins go past a certain point. I would talk with your mfm and have him recommend induction and see if that gets you anywhere. It can't hurt to try.
My water broke on 38wks exactly. I had appt for later that day. My dr later told me she would have induced me that day because I had developed pupps. Otherwise my practice will go until 38wks before induction.