1. My word count is currently 9,333. I want to finish catching up today. 2. My protagonist is currently in shock because of the huge mistake he just made. 3. I'm surprised by some of the other characters who are starting to pop up. I don't do character sketches ahead of time so it's always interesting to see who shows up. 4. My H and some close friends know, along with a couple coworkers, but most don't know what I'm writing about.
1) What is your word count currently? 4020 + 602 in character notes; I've already not been writing the necessary number of words per day, and I didn't write at all yesterday or today. I'm way too distracted by the election at the moment.
2) What is your protagonist doing at this very moment in-story?
One just fell alseep after taking migraine meds and is having a weird dream, the other is about to go into a meeting at work.
3) Has anything surprised you so far?
Not yet, but I've been thinking about this story for at least 9 months before attempting to write it.
4) How much do you share about your writing/NaNoWriMo participating IRL? Quite a bit, I have my writing workshops, so I'll be sharing my first page this weekend with actual published authors. I've also been talking about this project with my friends for months as I think about the details in my head. But I don't share a lot with my H, because for some reason sharing with him feels significantly more embarrassing than sharing with others.
Post by anastasia517 on Nov 7, 2016 21:00:00 GMT -5
1) What is your word count currently? 15,110. Hoping to get another couple hundred words in before bed.
2) What is your protagonist doing at this very moment in-story? Going through files on drug-related murders committed using magic.
3) Has anything surprised you so far? How badly some of the content from some of my early days is. It was so dry and very paint-by-numbers.
4) How much do you share about your writing/NaNoWriMo participating IRL? I shared a link to my blog on Facebook a couple days ago. Everybody knows I write but very few people get to read it. I will PM the link if people want it.