My energy boost seems to have stuck around! Hopefully I'm in the clear now. It's nice feeling like a human being again. We have finally locked in on a first name. We were originally leaning towards Calvin, but after my anatomy scan I knew he was not a Calvin. We've decided on Miles. Middle name TBD.
3. What are you doing for self-care lately?
I'm still getting massages every 6 weeks. I've recently started back with my therapist since my mental health took a beating during the 18+ weeks I felt like absolute shit. I'm also just generally taking it easy and not putting pressure on myself to do it all, etc.
Post by lovesherheels on Nov 4, 2020 10:45:26 GMT -5
1. How far along are you? Team? 27+4, DS2
2. Rants, raves, feelings? I'm super cranky today. The election is giving me awful heartburn -- I need to stop looking at it but I'm totally obsessing -- and I slept like garbage last night because of it. I also had a professionally shitty Monday that I haven't been able to shake off.
Overall, my emotions have been everywhere (like usual) and I'm feeling like everyone does at this point in a pregnancy. I'd like for my nursery to put itself together, please. lol
3. What are you doing for self-care lately? Not enough. I ought to do something, but I can't find the time or motivation.
4. What pregnancy "rules" do you break? Lord, I have no idea. Ha. I'm a rule-follower by nature, so I generally do as I'm told with stuff like this. I probably have "too much" caffeine some days. I definitely don't eat the well-rounded meals everyone suggests, or workout/stay active. I'm just surviving right now, really, haha -- like I feel most people are doing.
achi -- Miles is a great name! And I'm so happy you have so much energy!
1. How far along are you? 8+3 team green for now, and and my vote is to stay that way, but I told DH if he wants to know we can. We didn’t last time and I loved the surprise the day of. I also don’t like gendered things and want to reuse most of my DD’s things.
2. Rants, raves, feelings? Tired, physically, emotionally, everything right now!
3. What are you doing for self-care lately? This? I wouldn’t saying I’m doing a great job of it. Still doing well with workouts, only a couple pieces of Halloween candy a day.
4. What pregnancy "rules" do you break? I East grocery store sushi. I see them make it, and have had it about every other week for a year so eh, I think it’s fine. A few sips of alcohol but I don’t miss it or crave it so it’s easy to avoid. I can’t think of any other rules other than food related. I don’t like deli meat so that’s easy. Hm maybe I should review the latest list of rules it’s been a couple years.
Work is insanely busy this week. It sucks but it also means the days go by fast and I have a distraction from election day. I took DD1 to vote with me yesterday morning before work & drop-off, she was mad she didn't get to do whatever mommy did lol but they gave her a cute "future voter" sticker and that made things OK We got the furniture out of the guest bedroom and DH is going to start painting it this weekend if he isn't working so hopefully DD1 can move to her new room soon! We keep talking it up and she's getting excited for her new room!
3. What are you doing for self-care lately?
Hah, not much, especially this week! I did take a bath this weekend which was nice and will probably schedule a massage soon.
4. What pregnancy "rules" do you break? Pretty much none! I switched to tea & decaf, I heat up my lunchmeat and I eat only cooked sushi (but I am craaaaving spicy tuna so bad). I definitely eat more junk and despite my best intentions, I'm not doing a lot of activity but it's just so hard to work up the motivation!
achi, I love the name and I'm so glad you're starting to feel better!
lovesherheels, I totally feel you on just surviving. This week especially just feels like I just need to do whatever to get through each day lol
onthemove, Congrats and welcome! I hope you have a healthy, happy 9 months!
lovesherheels - thanks! I'm really happy with the name. We both really like it so no one had to lose. Sorry you're still all over the place emotionally. It's hard and it really takes a toll on you. Big hugs.
onthemove - Congrats and welcome! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!
corgimom - yay 3rd tri! That future voter thing is adorable.
tacoflavoredkisses - CONGRATULATIONS! And welcome to Gabriel. Big hugs to you, unexpected diagnoses (is that the correct plural??) are tough to wade through. I hope you get some more information about what this means long-term soon. I hope that your physical recovery is going ok.
How are you feeling physically? I'm sorry to hear about his heart defect; are you doing ok with that news? We're here if you need to talk through things.
I’m feeling pretty good now. The first 12 hours after surgery was awful- I could not stop vomiting and because I have my own heart condition to manage, they didn’t want to give me too much zofran. I’m also terribly thankful I didn’t go into labor on my own because my uterus tore when they were getting him out.
I was able to stop the narcotics at 24 hours though and I’m just alternating ibuprofen and tylenol. It’s still tender and stairs aren’t easy, but I’m good.
I’m doing better today with the news. I think I’m now more overwhelmed with all of the doctor visits to keep up with this month. I have to get DH and DD scheduled for echocardiograms too, since it’s genetic and there’s a chance one or both of them have the same issue (the benefit of being a cardiac patient myself is I’ve had an echo and know I’m “clear”). The pediatrician talked me down a bit today too, so that helped.