I don't know if it's nesting, or just a desire to get shit out of my house but I have been in major decluttering mode the last couple of days. Totally lied to my kid yesterday and told him that Santa called me and said he's been a good boy and wants to bring him presents but that his playroom is too full so we have to pick a bag full of things to give to other children. He got rid of more than I was expecting, with zero feelings about it. Parenting win!
My pelvis was killing me over the weeks but feels so much better today (so far). My feet were so swollen after work on Friday that I told H they belong in a freak show. It took basically all weekend for them to go back to normal.
3. Do you have any Christmas family traditions you'll be carrying on with baby? Or ones you already have with older kids?
DS likes to help bake Christmas cookies and roll the peanut butter balls - the same recipe I've been making since I was his age. Otherwise, we always go buy a fresh tree and cut it ourselves, and we have an advent calendar that we fill ourselves for DS.
4. What are your favourite snacks right now (bonus points if they're high protein!)?
I recently discovered a Canadian company called "Mid-Day Squares." They make plant-based protein bars that are soooooooo yummy. The busta peanut is the best. Unfortunately, they are $$ though.
1. How far along are you? Team? 32w, 2 days - Team pink!
2. Rants, raves, feelings? It was nice to have a long weekend together but also exhausting, hah! My parents took DD1 for the whole day on Thanksgiving before we came for dinner so DH and I moved DD to her "big girl" room! We ordered the rest of the matching bedroom set we never got when she was an infant so once that's in this week I'll hang things back on the wall and her room will be done - only took 2.5 years! DH is nagging me to take the side off her crib but I'm just not there yet, lol. Now I just need to pick a paint color for the nursery... I'm way more uncomfortable this pregnancy than with DD1 and was feeling it bad this weekend. Pelvic pain, swollen feet, general soreness and discomfort, etc. On one hand I can't believe I have 8 more weeks left... on the other, I'm definitely not ready for baby to come anytime soon!
3. Do you have any Christmas family traditions you'll be carrying on with baby? Or ones you already have with older kids? I make my Grandmom's Christmas cookies every year and I'm excited that DD1 will be able to "help" some this year. I'm also going to try a few new recipes so we have some new traditions of our own. We also celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve - we do the big dinner then and open presents. Christmas day we do stockings and, now, santa gifts and spend the day just ourselves. It's really nice and lowkey. I love love love love Christmas so I'm excited to share traditions and make new ones with our kiddos!
4. What are your favourite snacks right now (bonus points if they're high protein!) I love strawberry or brown cinnamon sugar poptarts, lol. I'm usually not big on sweets but eat way more while I'm pregnant!
achi , Your Santa ruse to clear things out of the playroom is GENIUS!
haha... it worked so well! He's 5 now so the vague threat of Santa not coming is excellent motivation!
I've tried to get him to clear things out before and it didn't work. I've also tried putting things in the garage to to see if he notices they're gone but he always finds them when he helps H put the garbage bins out and gets really mad. At last this way he's a part of making the decision. There's a few more things that might get donated to a thrift store the next time he's at MILs for the weekend, but overall he did well and got rid of waaayyy more than I thought he would!
ETA: Santa will probably call me every year as long as he believes. And maybe the Easter Bunny too...