I am TIRED (again) and my pelvis is getting more and more uncomfortable. I finally caved and booked weekly chiro appointments between now and delivery. I had to do it with DS1 from 21 weeks on, so I made it longer this time but I can't manage it with just heat anymore.
3. Do you have much time off for the holidays? What are you most looking forward to?
We finish on the 23rd and go back on the 4th so we have a solid week and a half. I'm really stoked about just having time to chill, and honestly I'm not at all disappointed about not having to make a huge meal or cram in so many visits. I plan to spend as much time in bed/on the couch/snuggling DS1 as possible.
4. Have you gotten any irritating comments about this being a "COVID baby"?
Only 1 or 2 thankfully. Everyone in our circle knows we have a history of early losses so the fact that this little guy stuck around was a huge victory. One of my coworkers who sits on the management team with me said something about a COVID baby and I shut him down pretty quickly and told him that staying pregnant wasn't easy for me, and you don't know what people are dealing with behind the scenes so comments like that are terribly inappropriate. The look on his face was priceless. Although he did ask me during a management meeting if I was still pregnant a couple of weeks ago. I was pretty flabbergasted and had to shut him down - again.
1. How far along are you? Team? 33w, 4 days - Team pink!
2. Rants, raves, feelings? I totally feel you on the pelvic pain, achi . I remember having some with DD1 but it is so. bad. this time around. I'm also having some intense posterior pelvic/SI joint pain that is making me even more waddley but now with added pain! My midwife recommended seeing a chiropractor or a massage therapist to help but I've never seen a chiropractor. Luckily my younger sister is a massage therapist so I am going to see if she can come by once or twice a week. Other than that, I'm feeling both tired and full of ohmygosh gotta get alllll the things done energy. We finished DD1's big girl room for real this weekend and it's so nice to have a "done" room. Now we're starting stuff for the nursery so we can hopefully have it done in early January before baby girl 2 arrives!
3. Do you have much time off for the holidays? What are you most looking forward to? This time of year is the busiest for my work/industry because of the cold weather so we're pretty restricted on the amount of time of we can take. We get Christmas/New Year's Eve and Day off but that's it for paid holidays. I'm also taking a half day before Christmas Eve. I love Christmas but our traditions are pretty much about being low-key and comfy. We host my parents on Christmas Eve and I'm grateful that we're still going to do that this year. I'm really excited that DD1 is now old enough to "get" what's happening and I can't wait for her to open presents and play!
4. Have you gotten any irritating comments about this being a "COVID baby"? Not really, thankfully! The only comment I can really remember is after telling the office our CFO made a comment about having a "quarantine baby". It was meant to be funny but also SO AWKWARD to be like "yup, we sure did have some sex during that time period!" lol I have had one person at work ask if the pregnancy was planned (!!!) and another from another department chase after me to say "congrats" not because they knew... but because I looked pregnant. Dude, no. I mean it was obvious but you never assume those things!
I feel lucky that people generally don't say anything. We were actively trying for this pregnancy and were shocked it happened so fast because it took nearly 2 years and an early loss to conceive DD1. I'm fine with talking about it but advertise it because it's obviously not my favorite thing to talk about. Good for you for shutting now that jerkface in your office (TWICE!?), achi ! He sounds like a real piece of work!
corgimom - my pelvic pain is mostly SI/posterior as well but this time it's hitting me intermittently in the front as well. I see a massage therapist monthly but it only does so much. You are so luck to have a massage therapist in your family! FX that it helps you. And congrats on getting DD1s room done!
Lol, ya the guy who made those comments says stupid stuff a lot. Including when I was sick once and had to phone in for a management meeting and he said that he and I shouldn't have been making out so much while he had been sick the week before (this is all pre-COVID). For the record, I run the HR department. Once I was back in the office I told him face to face that if he ever said something like that to me again we'd have problems. But it doesn't stop other stupid things from coming out of his mouth. Like how he's "not racist" because his stepfather is black and he has two adopted Chineese daughters. Sure, buddy - clearly you get a free pass because of those associations.
achi - My jaw is on the floor that this guy would say any of those things to any co-worker but to say them to HR!? Then again, I'm also not at all shocked because we've had some people do some pretty dumb stuff at every job I've worked. Ugh. Still so sorry you have to deal with him!