We travel Nov 2-7. Originally I wanted to buy DVC points to Poly but just couldn't get them. So we settled with CBR because of the skyline and are pretty satisfied with our choice.
I am on a DVC vacation points FB group. I have followed it for 10 months and feel pretty good with the vetting and process of buying DVC points privately.
So a Poly reservation just came up for our exact dates. Already confirmed reservation. Original owners of the points. I have checked his credentials. He just decided they were going to stay with friends for the trip.
The cost is only $400 more total for the trip. CBR is offering no discounts currently so rack rate is pretty high.
I can cancel our reservation without penalty.
There is still a small risk for fraud. I would pay with paypal/credit card so I feel like i have protection. I can confirm his reservation number as a last minute confirmation this is legit.
My biggest reservation is loss of flexibility. Once we buy it we are locked in. If there is illness or flight delay we do not have flexibility to adjust. I am not sure how much flexibility we would have regardless at CBR as the resort is booked out.
WWYD? Should I just pull the trigger. This really is what we were looking for and we have always wanted to stay at Poly. But Ialso would be just fine with CBR. We were all set up and ready to go to this resort.
Post by midwestmama on Sept 30, 2022 7:04:31 GMT -5
I've stayed at both - CBR in a non-DVC room and Poly in a DVC room. While I like flexibility when traveling now, I also loved the Poly resort. I guess if it were me, because the trip is only a month away now and staying at Poly is a great experience, I would switch to Poly.