Post by rachelgreen on Aug 5, 2013 15:15:34 GMT -5
Me: 29 (in 2 wks) DH: 31 TTC since July 2007 DX: all me - severe PCOS w/IR (annovulatory); moderate endo 100% OOP Treatment history: Tried Metformin, worked...except my liver hates it and I have to come off every time 3 rounds of Clomid, 3 rounds of Femara 3 TI + Follistim + Trigger 7+ IUI attempts using various injectable protocols (Follistim, Bravelle, Gonal-F) with multiple cancellations 1 D&C June 2009 IVF in March/April 2014 - antagonist protocol: Follistim, Ganirelix, Estrace w/Lupron Trigger. Crinone and PIO post retrieval. 21 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized. 2 Grade A+ blasts transferred on 4/13/14 (5 day transfer) BFP on 4/20 (Easter morning) @7dp5dt Beta #1 81 @9dpfdt First u/s 5/15 - 1 perfect little bunny EDD: 12/29/14 Team Green turned Team Pink. Dd born 12/16/14 via emergency c-section
TTC: Approx 1/2012 for #2. Took 2.5 years to successfully carry #1. 7 m/c (one ectopic, lost a tube, most m/c early, but 1 @ 14w w/ Turners)
DX: unexplained. Theories: pregnancy induced Protein S deficiency, excessive natural killer cells
Testing: SHG clear, lots of bloodwork - inconclusive,
TX: Current treatment is monthly infusion of lipids (basically fat) to help knock down natural killer cell levels in blood. Also baby aspirin and extra folic acid. May resume lovenox once pregnant. With DS#1 - lovenox, baby aspirin, progesterone
Next step: medicated/monitored cycle with timed intercourse to up the chances of knowing that I ovulated stronger and on the correct side (although one of my m/c was a cycle where I ovulated on the side without a tube)
Post by picksthemusic on Aug 5, 2013 17:55:52 GMT -5
My history isn't that exciting.
Me: 33, DH: 38 1st BFP January of 2011, DD born 09/16/11 via emergency c/s, NICU baby for 7 days. 2nd BFP January 2012, ended in ectopic m/c, methotrexate to complete m/c. 3rd BFP 05/13/13, missed m/c at 7.5 weeks, D&C at 12 weeks. Waiting for first post D&C AF so we can TTCAL.
We are unexplained BUT... *I need a sh!tton of meds to give me mature eggs (learned this from the disaster that was IVF #1) *DH has awesome #s but very low morph *Our fert rates are crap even with ICSI
DH actually just had a sperm frag test today (https://www.scsadiagnostics.com/home) to see if it's deeper DNA damage that's giving us our crappy fert rates even with ICSI. This is my RE's theory. We shall see.
8 IUIs & 3 IVFs but no BFPs.
We are going to do an FET with our lone frosty next month. We were supposed to do it back in June but I am the lucky "less than 5%" (according to my RE) who ovulate through suppression. If this does not work, pending the results of DH's frag test, we will likely do IVF #4 before the end of the year.
Me: 34, DH: 32 TTC since Sept 2012 DX Me: PCOS & anovulation (we also noticed a short LP and low progesterone during LP) DX DH: Low Morph Testing: SHG - Clear; Laparoscopy & hysteroscopy - adhesions & scar tissue found; Blood Work- low vitamin D and Progesterone 1st round Clomid (cycle 5) - ovulated, lining too thin 2nd round clomid (cycle 6), added estradiol - no ovulation, lining still to thin Starting IVM on 26 August. Just did mock transfer yesterday, so that is looking good, back today for the education...really wish they could have done it all in one day.
TTC #1 for 4 years. BFP next cycle after HSG. DS born in 2007.
TTC #2 for approx. 5 years now BFP in Nov 2011. Ectopic. Tube removal after rupture. Diagnosed with endo. H-scope, L-scope in Jan 2012 to remove any additional scar tissue. IUI #1: Clomid 100 mg, Ovidrel, IUI on 8/8...
Me - 36/DH -35 TTC - since Sept 2011 Testing - HSG, bloodwork, SAs DX - H - normal, Me - Diminished ovarian reserve
TX - 3 x Clomid, unmonitored with TI in Fall 2012 with OB/GYN Feb 2013 - Testing and dx with RE 1 x IUI w Femara + trigger BFPs: Feb 2012, CP1 at 4w3d (unmedicated cycle) November 2012, CP2 at 4w4d (Clomid cycle) February 2013, CP3 at 4w1d (unmedicated cycle)
June 2013 BFP saga (unmedicated cycle between IUI1 and 2): 6/10 a.m. Faint BFP on a Wondfo at ~11dpo 6/10 p.m. Digital BFP 6/11 urine test at clinic 6/12 notified of negative urine test at clinic 6/13-15 multiple hpts, 2 negatives, 2 very faint positives - lighter than the ones from 6/10 (Convinced of my fourth loss, this was the week I finally re-activated my account and started posting here. Within a week, I'd drive-by BFP'ed you guys. ) 6/18 clinic appt for blood draw to confirm CP/check for ectopic. also my birthday, drank 3/4 bottle of wine and ate a lot of mercury-laden sashimi 6/19 first beta came back at 190. Assuming doubling every 2-3 days and the amount of hcg necessary to turn an hpt test positive on 6/10, not mathematically likely to have a viable pregnancy 6/20 p.m. second beta blood draw 6/21 a.m. notified of second beta results: 490. Cue gut-sobbing in my office. Viable pregnancy confirmed. 7/19 Saw heartbeat on ultrasound. Cue gut-sobbing in ultrasound tech's office. Anxiously awaiting heart beat at first OB appt. 8/8, and making it out of first trimester in a few weeks. EDD: 2/21/14 per LMP, 2/25/14 per gestational age ultrasound dating (I was measuring 9w3d at 10w appointment) 8/6/2013 Missed miscarriage at 11w1d
No restrictions from TTCAL from doctor. We will not prevent, but I'm taking a few months off temping/timing intercourse because I feel really crushed and hopeless after this miscarriage. I can't handle testing and getting BFNs every month. If no additional miracles happen by the end of the year, we will likely continue with our course of Femara + trigger IUIs.
Update 1/2015 4/2014 Femara + Ovidrel IUI3, BFN 12/2014 Endometrial abalation, dx with Stage III endo, one tube blown out and non-functional. AMH 0.6 FSH 14.6. AFC 8 DOR dx. Doctor advised straight to IVF, but we're unable for 18 months-2 years for financial reasons. RE gave 15-20% chance of success. By the time we could afford it, I'll be nearly 40, and our chances will be worse. We can't spend that kind of money for those chances, so we are reluctantly permanently benched. I am having a very hard time and grieving the loss of ever having bio kids. Hoping to start the adoption process late 2015 or early 2016 after we save more money and research, and after we've grieved the bio kid option. Taking supplements to improve egg quality.
4/15/2015 update Had breakdown last week and decided with H to do a Hail Mary combo IUI cycle in May, then pursue adoption. Interrupted by unicorn BFP on 4/15/15. 4/16/2015 - CP #4, negative blood bHCG
5/2015 Gonal-F 150 units CD 3-7 up to CD10, depending on response + Ovidrel trigger IUI Cycle cancelled because all follicles were on left side with blown out tube.
6/2015 Last chance IUI cycle. Gonal-F 150 units CD3-9, Ovidrel trigger, IUI #4 on 6/22, progesterone suppositories. 7/3 faint positive Wondfo 7/4 faint positive Wondfo and FRER 7/5 darker positive Wondfo 7/6 bHCG#1 at 14 dpiui was 30. RE nurse say it was low, that they were looking for 50 at this point. 7/8 bHCG#2 at 16 dpiui was 23. Another CP. We're done.
Started TTC July 2012 7/31/12 super fast BFP. Thought we were one of the lucky ones. 9/19/12 Missed m/c discovered via u/s. 11 weeks. Baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. D&C 2 days later 1/10/13 BFP 1/23/13 Natural m/c. 6 weeks 3/20/13 BFP, CP Summer 2013: See RE, dx with minor clotting issues and MTHFR. Start lovenox and progesterone at O. High dose folic acid and baby aspirin daily. All other tests, including u/s, hysteroscopy, and AMH normal. 8/20/13 BFP, CP
RE thinks we have "bad luck." Currently NNT and researching/saving for possible adoption.
Post by feistypants on Oct 24, 2013 18:23:56 GMT -5
Me: 33 DH: 33
TTC in first marriage for 3 years; preparing to do first round IVF when he told me he wanted a divorce. Starting to TTC in this relationship in December
Testing: HSG -- blocked left tube with hydrosalpinx (Removed 2012), SHG -- all clear (but I had a fibroid when I had my tube out), CD3/21 lab work -- PCOS, MTHFR Pelvic lap -- endometriosis
Diagnosis: TTC with one tube, PCOS, endo, hypothyroidism, MTHFR
Treatment: Will start with 3 unmedicated (except for Metformin) cycles in December, then progress to 3 Clomid cycles if I don't get a BFP. If those are a bust, then it's on to IVF. Lovenox as soon as I get a BFP because of the MTHFR.
Post by bluelikejazz on Nov 15, 2013 15:39:08 GMT -5
Me: 28, DH: 28 TTC #1 since Nov 2012. 50 day cycles normally. One 80 day cycle stopped with progesterone. Testing: thyroid normal. CD3 BW normal. SA - Low morphology (5%). CD21 BW on clomid (not tested without clomid) - normal. HSG recommended. Diagnosis: not ovulating (based on charts + 50 day cycles)
Post by cheesepuff on Nov 19, 2013 21:38:27 GMT -5
Me: 34 H: 33
TTC #1 for two years. H has low count.
We went through all the prelim testing, tried an IUI without success. The RE wasn't too hopeful because of H's numbers and motility. So, he recommended IVF.
First round of IVF happened in September. Had a BFP, and great numbers.... But, started bleeding and miscarried during my 6th week. I have been devastated and scared out of my mind to try again. IF is such a mind fuck.
Anyways... I've been kinda lurking around. I am really just looking for a place with people who understand.
Post by chitownbelle on Nov 21, 2013 21:51:18 GMT -5
Me: 30 DH: 32 TTC#1 actively since 5/2013, off BC 8/2012 Testing: Labs normal, HSG normal. SA 9% normal, poor morphology. Irregular ovulation. Diagnosis: ? Treatment: First appointment with fertility specialist next week
Me: 37 DH: 36 TTC #1 since July 2009 Testing all the kit and kaboodle for both of us. Dx Me: DOR and DH: MFI (motlity and morphology) Count is ok
Treatments: 6 IUIs started in Fall 2009 with the last one back in October 2011. Ranged from Clomid, Femara and Menopur injects. Currently on stim day 4 for IVF #1. Lupron 2x a day, Follistim in the morning and Menopur at night.
Me: 32 DH: 31 TTC#1 since 7/2011 Became pregnant on our own end of August 2012 but m/c shortly after around 6 weeks.
Testing: HSG/BW - everything normal DH: amazing - everything on his end is perfect
Diagnosis: Unexplained but there is talk of PCOS (ovarian cysts, mostly when I was younger, hypoglycemic, only weight gain is around stomach, HAIR, HAIR everywhere it should not be, cannot chart temps as they are everywhere). Was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma in situ (cervix) but oncologist suggested to focus on TTC first before they dig around some more since this is a "slow moving" type of cancer. LEEP did show some clear margins but not enough to definitively call "clear".
Starting 7/2013 - Three rounds of Clomid (100 mg)/ IUI - second one was successful but was ectopic Currently (12/2013) on my first round of Follisim/IUI. IUI scheduled for 12/26! Will do three of these and if unsuccessful will move to IVF.
Me: 36 DH: 47 NTNP since April 2012- Actively TTC #1 since March 2013
Testing January 2014: Day 3, Day 21 bloodwork normal, HSG normal, SA normal, FSH 9.1, AMH 2.41 Testing February 2015: FSH 14.2, AMH .26 New Diagnosis 2/15: DOR After using CoQ10 for 1 year new AMH 4/16: 1.0!
IUI #4 5mg Femara + HCG trigger (3 follicles) 12/31/14= BFFN IUI #5 5mg Letrozole + HCG trigger = cancelled due to poor response Hysteroscopy to remove giant polyp in uterus: 5/1/15
IVF #2: ER 7/2/15: 9 eggs, 5 mature, 2 fertilized ET 7/5/15: transferred 1 excellent quality and 1 fair/poor quality embryo 7/21/15 beta #1:BFFN
IVF #3: Highest dose Follistim and Menopur: ER 11/19/15: 10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilized ET 11/21/15: transferred 2 good quality embryos: BFFN
IVF#4: Long Lupron with Follistim and Menopur: ER 8/30/16: 10 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized, 3 day 5 blasts! ET: 9/4/16: transferred 1 high quality blast and froze 2 blasts: BFFN
FET #1 (10/16): estrogen +PIO: Cancelled due to ovulation FET #1 (2nd attempt) 12/16: Transferred 1 good quality blast 12/15/16-BFP! Beta #1-221, beta #2-541 12/29/16-First ultrasound-One baby with a heartbeat!
Post by goodygumdrop on Jan 2, 2014 18:54:05 GMT -5
Me: 32 DH: 29 Off BCP since 11/2012 TTC#1 since 1/2013 Testing: 12/2013 - Bloodwork/SA more bloodwork (day3) & ultrasound 2/6/14, HSG 2/13/14 (was told by NP that it looked "good" but I am pretty sure my left tube was blocked due to the pain and the time it took to get it to fill. I will find out at my follow up with RE) SA was repeated, low motility first time more bloodwork (repeat prolactin) 2/21/14 Scheduled for MRI of pituitary for elevated prolactin levels 3/3/14 Result: low AMH, haven't gotten results on second SA yet, or rest of bloodwork levels, HSG, ultrasound or MRI
Meeting with RE 3/3/14 to go over all our results from the past few weeks and see what the plan is
Testing: -CD3 & 21 normal -thyroid levels normal -blood work for loss panel- all normal -genetic testing on baby #2- all normal -genetic testing on baby #3- all normal -genetic testing on DH & I- all normal -hysteroscopy- October 2014- showed a septum on the uterus, it was removed and we are hopeful that this is the cause of all our problems.
Diagnosis: Unexplained multiple losses -BFP #1- march, mc April 2013 (6 weeks) -BFP #2- September, mc December 2013 (15 weeks) -BFP #3- June, mc August 2014 (10 weeks) -BFP #4- August 2015
My body has decided that is no longer going to O every cycle now. So we will be starting treatment with my OB, if this cycle doesn't work then we will get a referral to the RE, and will probably do one more cycle of clomid in the meantime while we wait the 2 months to get into the RE. RE appointment set for Sept, 28th, 2015. (Won't cancel this appointment until closer to the day, just in case.)
Treatment: May 2015- clomid 50mg CD3-7. BFN June 2015- clomid 50mg CD3-7. BFN July 2015- clomid 50mg CD3-7. BFN
Testing: Me - HSG normal, FSH normal, AMH very low. Still ovulating on my own, with confirmed follies on u/s and positive OPK/temp shifts, so no one really knows what's up with me. Day 3, day 11 and day 21 labs all normal.
DH - SA normal, all areas.
Diagnosis: DOR, probably, but maybe not since I don't have a problem ovulating on my own.
Treatment: 3 cycles unmonitored Femara with timed intercourse. 2 cycles unmonitored Clomid. Clomid+trigger+IUI this cycle.
Post by luvslattes on Feb 25, 2014 17:59:03 GMT -5
Me: 32, almost 33. DH: just turned 32 TTC since July 2011. We take a treatment break from April-July every year. Testing: Everything looks great for both of us. I get a cyst every other month, that goes away on it's own, so it's taken 2 years to get in 5 IUI's. DX: unexplained
Previous Treatments: 2 clomid, IUI's. Great response, BFN. 2 clomid/menopur combo IUI's. Great response, BFN. 1 menopur IUI. BFP 10/2013. Ectopic pregnancy, emergency tube removal. 1 menopur IUI. Great response, BFN. Last IUI before moving on to IVF, using Bravelle.
Post by Chrysanthemum on Mar 3, 2014 22:05:05 GMT -5
Me: 33, DH: 41 TTC since April 2013 My cycles are very consistently 26 days, with the luteal phase at 10-11 days. I temped for months and had an obvious temp shift each natural cycle. I stopped temping when I started meds and monitoring, but continue to use OPKs.
Testing: Everything so far has come back normal and healthy for both of us. -CD3 and 7DPO BW all normal (~November 2013), HSG shows both tubes are clear and uterus shape is normal (~February 2014), thyroid levels are normal (~February 2014) -SA (November 2013): 46.3 million/cc, 60% motility, spermatoza 11% normal
Diagnosis: unexplained, UPDATED (11/14): DOR
Treatments: I've done CD12 ultrasounds for all of my medicated cycles. I've added b/w monitoring since September's cycle.
April '14: Clomid 50 (2 good follicles), trigger, TI (BFN) early May '14: Clomid 50 (2 good follicles), trigger, TI (BFN) late May '14:Clomid 50 (3 good follicles), trigger, TI (BFN) June '14: Clomid 50 (3 good follicles), cancelled IUI (out of town), TI (BFN) July '14: Clomid 50 (2 good follicles), trigger, IUI#1 (BFN) August '14: Clomid 50 (3 good follicles), trigger, cancelled IUI so TI (BFN) September '14: Femara 7.5 (1 good follicle), trigger, IUI#2 (BFN) October '14: Clomid 50 (1 dominant follicle, 2 intermediates), natural O, IUI#3, progesterone suppositories (BFN) November '14: Clomid 100 (4 dominant follicles, 1 intermediate), estrogen=2100, cancelled cycle
February 2015 update: Switched doctors in November '14 and redid some testing: FSH 11.5, AMH 0.75. New diagnosis: Diminished Ovarian Reserve. Doing IVF this cycle, modified Dragesic protocol.
October 2015 update: Switched doctors again in March 2015 because of my new DOR diagnosis and February's cycle being cancelled (converted to IUI) after 12 days of stimming. New RE recommends banking 3 retrievals and then CCS testing the whole batch.
June 2015: 3 cysts, IVF cancelled August 2015: EPP and micro-Lupron flare. First IVF retrieval! (11R, 9M, 7F) October 2015: 1 cyst, IVF cancelled November 2015: EPP and micro-Lupron flare
TTC #1 since July 2012 Known hypothyroidism, controlled with synthroid
1/29/13: BFP #1 after 7 cycles of TTC. Saw heartbeat at 7 wks, 6 days. Everything seemed perfectly normal until I went in for my appointment at 10.5 weeks. MM/C (3/12/13). 3/19/13: D&C 10/21:13: BFP #2 after 7 cycles of TTC. Betas were good, then bad, good, then bad. Spotting for 6 days. Saw heartbeat at 7 weeks. Started bleeding the next day. MM/C confirmed on 11/14/13.