I suppose I should post in here as well. I am a little fuzzy on some of the dates.
Me: 29, H: 33.
Went off BCP sometime in the end of 2010/beginning of 2011 I think. We weren't actively trying, but not preventing either. 2012 we both started new jobs, so we used protection for a few months since the timing would not have been good. By summer of 2012 we were actively trying, but just TI. I spoke with my OB/GYN in 2013 about our lack of conception, he offered to do an HSG at that time. H wanted to hold off, he did not want me to go through a lot of medical procedures. We bought "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and I charted a few cycles, did OPKs, and H had a sperm sample to rule that out (slightly low and slow). We were in denial for a LONG time, since we were fairly young and seemingly healthy. By 2014 I had a long discussion with my OB/GYN and we were finally at the point where we were willing to do some testing/intervention. We were going to do an HSG in October, but the MD ended up being unavailable that month. Since November was so close to the end of the year, and we have a high deductible that we had not made a dent in thus far, we decided to wait until January 2015 so we could start contributing to an HSA and make a dent in our deductible early on. So now we are really focused on 2015 being the year of baby making.
1/2015: HSG, tubes clear 2/2015: TI, no meds 3/05/15: IUI after Oviderel trigger- unsuccessful 4/2015: Clomid 50mg, poor response. No IUI. 5/27/15: First RE appt, bloodwork, US. Everything okay. H's sperm sample came back super low, but repeat the following week was perfect. Meds ordered for cycling in June perhaps. 6/15: Femara, dexamethasone, aspirin, HCG trigger for IUI. IUI was cancelled due to bad sperm sample (no motility). 8/15: H had urology appt. They did not recommend any treatment. Awaiting repeat SA results.
I charted and tracked ovulation from the beginning. At the 7 month mark, I started with OPKs to be sure of timing. It all lined up so we just kept at it. At 10 months in I did a CD2 blood work up and results were all good.
Met with an RE 3/2015 and found DH's mobility is low and morph is abysmal. MFI is the official diagnosis.
IUI #1 (unmedicated) scheduled for 3/23/15
If counts are similar with this IUI we will move directly to IVF. If it shows improvement, we will likely do 1-2 additional medicated cycles first.
Update: Dh's sperm counts are not fabulous... But every sample has been a huge improvement from the initial counts. We are no longer mfi... Only unexplained.
Cycle 1 at RE: IUI, BFN Cycle 2 at RE: IUI + femara, BFN Cycle 3 at RE: IUI + femara, BFP at 9dpo. First ultrasound on 6/22 at 7w2d. Update: miscarriage due to trisomy 22 in July. Cycle 4 at RE: unresponsive to femara. Canceled IUI. Cycle 5 at RE: Doubled dosage of femara (to 5mg).
Update to cycle #5: BFP at 11dpo in September. Beta at 13dpo: 158 Beta at 15dpo: 406 Beta at 22dpo: 10,153
Well I guess I should go ahead and add mine on here!
Me:30 DH: 30
TTC #1 since March 2014.DX w/ PCOS January 2015. Started metformin.
I developed amenorrhea in August of 2014. Doctors wouldn't do anything until I hadn't had a period for 3 months, so in December 2014, I saw my OB-GYN and was prescribed progesterone and Femara. That cycle did not produce ovulation, so I moved over to an RE since I was so close the 1-year mark. The RE again prescribed progesterone, at monitoring, we identified a large cyst which stuck around until a surgical removal 5/2015. Started Clomid following a clear scan.
Additionally, I don't have much of my thyroid left, most of it was removed due to suspicious tumors back in 2004. However, my thyroid levels have been stable since 2004 w/levothyroxine.
1/2015: TI, Femara- BFN 1/2015: PCOS DX, started Metformin 2/2015: Large cyst, canceled cycle 3/2015: Large cyst, canceled cycle 4/2015: Large cyst, canceled cycle 5/2015: Cyst surgically removed 5/2015: HSG, tubes clear 5/2015: TI, Clomid (100mg)
M/C: Aug 2009 DS: Born 2010 with 50mg Clomid TTC #2 since 2012 Feb 2014: 50mg clomid = BFP. Ectopic discovered. Lost right tube in surgery Jan 2015: HSG, remaining tube clear; SA = normal Jan/Feb 2015: IVF#1 - Antagonist protocol with HCG trigger. 15R/14M/9F (2) 5 day blasts transferred = BFP. Slow rising betas = m/c. Nothing to freeze June 2015: IVF#2 - Antagonist protocol with HCG trigger = ??
I am 31, H is 37 now TTC #1 since February 2014 m/c April 2014 just shy of 8 weeks Bfp April 2015, TFMR (triploidy - baby ended up passing right before the D&E) July 2015 @ 18 weeks
Running genetic blood panel 7/15. Not a carrier for fragile X or other genetic disorders.
More labs 3/16: High prolactin on the rise. Added progesterone to help with luteal phase. AMH went from 0.55 to 1.67. H's SA came back normal. 4/16 labs shows borderline high FSH. 8/16 RPL came back normal.
3/16: Clomid + HCG + TI = BFN 4/16: Clomid + HCG + IUI (5/2) = CP on 5/16 8/16: Clomid + HCG + TI= BFN 9/16: Clomid + HCG + IUI (and acupuncture) = BFN 11/16: IVF started and transitioned to IUI due to poor response = BFN 12/16 - 1/17: IVF with PGS = 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fert, 5 blastocysts, 2 normal embryos (microflare lupron + gonal f protocol) 2/14/17: Transferred 1 normal embryo = BFP! Identical twin girls Girls were born at 36+6
Our first DD was conceived with no problems. DD#2 took a year and half with 2 m/c prior. All of my tests have come back normal. We have not done a SA on DH. It's been a year trying for #3 which include another 3 m/c. Clomid is the next step.
Post by patbutcher on Aug 12, 2015 10:04:50 GMT -5
I realized I need to post mine here:
I am currently ttc #2
For #1 I was unexplained. FSH was around 6-7 and AMH was 14.2
I did the following: Oct 2012- IUI #1 with femara - 1 egg bfn Nov 2012 - IUI #2 with femara - 1 egg bfn Dec 2012 - IUI #3 with gonal F - 3 eggs bfn I then moved to IVF but had to wait months for cysts etc.
March 2013 - IVF#1 - cancelled due to cysts/high E2 May 2013- IVF #2 - cancelled/converted to IUI #4 due to poor response. (4 eggs) = BFP
I have been to a naturopath on a friend's recommendation and I am a huge believer in the IVF diet. I have my first consult with the RE this week.
Me: 25 DH: 26 TTC #1 since January 2014. MC at 8wks2days - 3/28/14 Chemical Pregnancy - 10/26/15 Diagnosis: Unexplained infertility, recurrent pregnancy loss (unknown cause.)
BFP on 2/19/14. Had a + ultrasound on 7wks5days where we saw the heartbeat at 139bpm. MC on 3/28/14 at 8wks2days (four days after + ultrasound). D&C on 4/1/14.
Started seeing an RE in Jan '15 for DH's low T levels. SA was fine. I started seeing RE in June '15. Many blood tests and a sonohysterogram came back as negative. After 16 failed cycles, RE gave me diagnosis of unexplained infertility. RE moved us onto IUI w/Clomid on cycle 17.
BFP on 10/23/15. HCG #1 - 13.7, HCG #2 - 7.5. Miscarried on 10/26/15 and HCG #3 confirmed 0.
RE gave diagnosis of recurrent pregnancy loss, but found nothing in several more blood tests. Recommended another IUI w/ Clomid.
Post by FishChicks on Jun 16, 2016 18:35:30 GMT -5
Me: 36, DH: 38 TTC #1 since October '15 MMC @ 10 weeks Jan '16, Chemical Pregnancies March & April '16 AMH .41, FSH 9.5, E2 17; Uterine lining <5 mm at ovulation Diagnosis: Diminished ovarian reserve, recurrent pregnancy loss
All loss testing normal as of 6/16. Karyotying on DH and I being done this month. RE recommends 3 cycles of follistim & estrace, starting 7/16, move to IVF with PGS or CCS if not successful
Post by mrsw101109 on Jun 24, 2016 15:17:27 GMT -5
Me: 34 DH: 47 TTC#1 since 11/2015 Testing: semen analysis, HSG, MRI, hysteroscopy/Laparoscopy Diagnosis: Type B Unicornuate Uterus (small uterus with no tube on left) Plan: ttc naturally for 2 more months, then IVF
Me: 29 DH: 32 TTC #1 since February 2015 No explanation yet
DH had his semen analysis in June 2016 and it came back with no sperm present. They suggested doing a second test as it may have been due to "loss of specimen". So, waiting on that retesting to decide next steps of either an HSG or Clomid, or both.
Me: TTC since 32 DH: TTC since 40 TTC#1 since 12/2014 Testing: 12/2015 - SA/HSG/BW, additional HSG 10/17 (post m/c) Diagnosis: Unexplained Risk factor: CF carrier (me)
Treatment History: IUI #1 w/ 100 mg clomid + ovidrel #1: 6/4/2016 - BFN IUI #2 w/ clomid, then letrozole: 9/2016 - cancelled due to poor response IUI #3 w/ letrozole: 2/17 - BFN IUI #4 w/ 5 days of letrozole: 4/17 - cancelled due to early ovulation/overstimulation
STIM cycle #1, freeze all (menopur, Gonal-F) - retrieval 6/23/17, 18 eggs, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, 3 blastocysts, with 2 perfect and 1 non-concurrent after PGS FET transfer #1 - 7/21/17 - BFP, 8/1/17, due date 4/19/18, m/c 9/17/17 FET transfer #2 - 11/29/17, BFN
Post by donthasslethehoff on Oct 12, 2016 12:18:54 GMT -5
Figure I should add to this:
Me: 33 next month DH: 34
1 daughter born 10/21/12 after almost 2 years of trying. Never went to an RE, but OBGYN prescribed Clomid, took unmonitored and somehow I got pregnant that cycle. Subsequent tests showed 0% morphology and <2% motility (count was fine).
TTC#2 since right after #1 was born. Got serious about it around 6/2015 BFP 1/2016 MC @7w BFP 3/2016 MC @7w
Testing: Finally went to RE 7/2016. HSG All Clear, hormone levels fine. DH: Morph and Motil @2%.
Diagnosis: DOR likely. AMH level 0.3. AFC 5.
Treatment History: 9/2016 - 100mg Clomid on CD 3-7, Ovidrel Trigger. Crinone CD13-26. 2 follicles - one on right, one on left, 22 and 25mm. BFN. 10/2016 - 100mg Clomid on CD 3-7, Ovidrel Trigger. 1 20mm follicle right side. Crinone CD12-? BFN
Started TTC 2013, I was 24 DH 26. Met with RE fall 2015. Low AMH/High FSH (for my age) - .43 and 10 RE suggested we go right to IVF to bank eggs for multiple children. IVF #1 (400iu gonal f, ganilrex added cd7) - Jan 2016, 5 retrieved, 4 mature, nothing fertilized. RE suggested DH get his DNA fragmentation checked before we do another cycle. Repeat SA August 2016 showed low motility and somewhat low count. Extremely high DNA fragmentation (87% when normal is anything below 30%, RE mentioned he had never seen a DNA fragmentation level that high before). He suggested we meet with a urologist and naturopath. Naturopath suggested numerous supplements for H, we tried them all. Urologist picked up 2 varicocele blockages and suggested H has surgery to fix it. After 3 months on supplements, urologist suggested repeat dna fragmentation and SA. All numbers came back great, (dna fragmentation down to 13%, all other numbers in normal ranges). Urologist still recommends varicocele procedure as blockage could cause future issues. Surgery booked for March 2017.
We decided to try IVF again since H's numbers were better. IVF cycle #2 Jan 2017 - protocol was 450 menopur, add ganilrex when lead follicle is 15mm. Cycle ended up being converted to IUI as lead follicle prevented any other follicles from growing, come trigger only 3 measureable follicles. IUI was BFN,
IVF #3 - 300iu gonal f, 75iu menopur, ganilrex all on CD3, stimmed for 9 or 10 days. 8 retrieved, 7 mature, 4 fertilized, all made it to blast (3 on day 5, 1 on day 6). Transferred one 3AB, froze the other. BFP, low beta, betas doubled consistently then dropped, rose again. Ectopic, resolved itself thankfully.
DH had his procedure March 2017, while the doctor was doing the procedure they ended up noticing 10 blockages (and not the 2 that were originally picked up). Urologist believes this is why H's numbers have been all over the place (from the really good to really really bad side).
FET #1 - Transferred 2bb blast (was 4bb by transfer) BFN.
FET #2 - Transferred remaining 2 blasts, were 3aa and 4ac when frozen, were 6ab and 6ba at transfer. BFP. Singleton pregnancy, due May 2018.
Panorama blood test at 11 weeks shows everything is low risk and we are having a baby boy. NT scan at 12 weeks confirms the same.